"you are only as happy as you make up your mind to be."

Sunday, July 17, 2011

money!


everyone has heard the saying, "money doesn't grow on trees!"
but boy don't i wish it did. i would be the best gardener in town if all i had to do was love and nurture my garden full of money tree's :) 

my parents use to say it to me, and now as a mother myself i find myself saying the same statement to my kid! he thinks my red ATM card has endless funds on it. whenever he wants something he tells me just to get my red card. i wish it were loaded like he thinks it is. oh to be young and naive again!

money is a HUGE part of my life. everyone's life right?! it controls us, consumes us and is the deciding factor of how your life will be. if you beg to differ then you must not have ever had any money. the people who say, "money doesn't buy happiness" must not know where to shop!! i know when i buy things, even groceries i feel good! i like to buy for others, ever since having a kid i love to buy for him rather then myself. I've come a long way from being a shopaholic. my husband can vouch for that.. only child, living with my parents i was the definition of spoiled [well taken care of]. i use to shop all the time. my closet would be filled with things that i never even wore. i still find some things with the tags on it. i didn't care what i bought, i would just buy it. i had no financial responsibilities so it was easy to do. 

well my life has done a complete 360. with the economy, my husband being laid off i felt the need to change and i think its been for the best. you don't realize how you CAN survive without all the material things. don't get me wrong, a treat here and there is healthy but in excess it isn't. I've learned to back off the shopping, only get what i need and use what i already have. i have other responsibilities, other goals i want to meet rather then blowing it all on nothing to show for. 

i catch myself daydreaming about winning the lotto! wouldn't that be nice, we could have anything we wanted. its ironic to me that we spend our lives stressed out about making ends meet only to die in the end. might as well enjoy what we have now! i have many things in my life that money cant buy and i treasure those things the most but the one thing i always hope for is to for once, "be ahead." not just "getting by." I'm sure if we were millionaires we'd still have some kind of problem. wouldn't be about money though... 
are the rich even happy?!

my husband and i have started a list of things we want for our family.
we have to save, save, save he says.
ugh, I'm so not the patient person to save =/
but this is why i married my opposite :)
he is very determined and this makes me confident that we will reach our goals. I'm sure then, we'll just continue to want something more, but for now I'm just happy for our good health and loving family<3

damn, i wish that i could just go into the backyard and start picking off my tree today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment