"you are only as happy as you make up your mind to be."

Sunday, July 24, 2011

buying on impulse.

an old habit of mine, that im proud to say i've kicked to the curb. i never thought about money as anything more then green paper. when you dont make it, it has no value to you. now that i've been making my own money for some years now, im more aware of its value. i think it was something i needed to learn, the hard way. i know you may be thinking, she always talks about money. can you blame me?! its what makes the world go round. 

buying on impulse was a day to day thing. half the things i would buy had no necessary purpose in my life. now a days, i think before i buy. "do i really need this or do i just want it?" i have to ask myself. for instance, tonight my husband and i have been debating a trip for our anniversary. a couple days in vegas, to spend alone and with his family. of course i've been flight searching for a month now and tonight the prices happen to be SUPER cheap. great.. now im dying to go. on top of that, an email with the lowest rates for a Planet Hollywood room [a hotel i havent stayed at]. seems like tonight, the trip was meant to be :) should we book or stay local and celebrate. i mean, as long as we're together i dont care where we are... it's just that vegas was calling my name EXTRA loud tonight. 




just as I'm about to book the flights, i remember earlier when we were at Safeway doing the dreaded grocery shopping i spotted 3 day hopper passes for Disneyland at a reasonable price. side-note: we saved mucho $$ thanks to my savvy shopping skills I've acquired thanks to extreme couponers ;) i would love to go back to Disneyland, around dylan's birthday. did i just say that outloud?! Disneyland TRUMPS Vegas?! it just may have. i turned to my husband and said, "wait, what about Disneyland?!" doing both, wouldnt be the best idea money wise. i would be stressed about saving for each trip and it would end up ruining one trip or the other. i would much rather focus on one trip at a time. Being with the family at Disneyland is the best. nothing compares and just as my impulse of booking this vegas trip almost took over... i stopped, gathered my thoughts and came to the conclusion, i would much rather take a trip with the kids. i would feel guilty leaving them for vegas and the look on dylan's face when i mention we're going to Disneyland is Priceless :) 

one of these days, we'll be able to do many trips... just not now. im happy with my [our] decision. 
disneyland here we come :)

1 comment:

  1. We contemplated a trip for our anniversary too! But this year the funds just aren't there for us even though I try to justify it! =/ I cannot wait until the day that "money isn't an issue" for all of us! =)

    ReplyDelete