"you are only as happy as you make up your mind to be."

Monday, July 11, 2011

happy birthday to me

today is my 28th birthday! 


i couldnt wait to be 16 so i could drive!
[i got my license 3 days after my birthday, passed with a score of 98]

i couldnt wait to be 18, cause then i was an "adult!"
[always hearing from your parents, you can do whatever you want once you turn 18!]
gosh, sometimes i swear 18 seemed like it took forever to get to.

i couldnt wait to be 21!
[not to be able to drink, i did that after 18, but because i knew i only had 2 more months of being prego!]
carrying around a 9 lb kid was rough!!

i couldnt wait to be 25!
[something about that age just felt good!]
i remember celebrating in vegas :)

now after 25 it all seems to be a blur. the years keep coming and going. i cant recall what i did for my birthdays after that?! it seems like once you have a kid, your own birthdays are out the door [same goes for christmas] take today for example. we go to target and dylan is looking for a toy. its okay though. i dont need gifts [even though i've been spoiled with many this birthday] i feel like i already have it all. great family, great husband, great friends and happy life... everything else is just a bonus that im blessed to have! my mom took me out to lunch and i came home to flowers, balloons and a pink ihome for my ipod... score! its been a great day minus the clouds! my body didnt need anymore sun, so i guess its a good thing!

here's 28 random facts you [may] or may [not] know about me:

1. i write in all lowercase letters. i dont like uppercase letters.
2. i need to have my phone on me at all times. if it dies i feel like im detached from the world.
3. i dont like to sleep with pillows but i do have a special blanket.
4. i like to read books, i dont care for video games.
5. im addicted to reality tv.
6. i cant take shots of patron like i use to.
7. my brother is 16 years older then me.
8. i met my husband [again] at the holy cow & the rest is history.
9. i love diet coke!
10. im a sweatshirt & uggs kinda girl.
11. i dont like to step foot in the ocean.
12. arnold palmer is my [other] drink of choice.
13. my parents are one of few couples that are still together [29 years]
14. my son has made me the person i am today! 
15. i need to use a loufa in the shower,
16. im blind without my contacts/glasses.
17. i take wayyy too many pictures but i love them.
18. i am always cold, no matter the weather.
19. i could shop everyday if i had the money to. it would never get old.
20. i will not stay home alone at night, im a chicken.
21. i can count the number of friends i have on one hand.
22. i always think the worst of a scenario.
23. i cant live without my flat iron.
24. i dont eat red meat, it takes too long to chew.
25. i've been shaving my arms since HS, bad habit that i cant just stop. hairy arms are not cute!
26. my toes always need to be polished, chipped color is gross!
27. if i dont know you, i will be super quiet and shy. i just dont open up to anyone.
28. i have to wear socks to bed.

and one for good luck:

i have a mild case of OCD. okay, who am i kidding. a more then mild case ;) 

back to enjoying the last few hours of my birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment