"you are only as happy as you make up your mind to be."

Thursday, August 4, 2011

rain in august?!


this is the view out my window today. its the first week of august but you'd think it was december! the climate in the bay area hasnt been too consistent this year or EVER. some days are beautiful, others are plain old gloomy! i've gone from wearing flip flops to uggs in the same exact week. the seasons dont really matter here. mother nature is definitely confused. being home with the kids during summer and having them cooped up in the house is torture. there is only so much you can do! of course having boys they will spend some of their day playing video games :) then once that gets old they switch to the TV and after that i hear the infamous statement, "I'm bored!" these kids have no clue how fortunate they are to have the luxuries they have. so my response, "help me clean then?!" ha! yeah right, they are suddenly not bored anymore!

with a positive mindset, today was a perfect day to clean so that when my hubby gets home we can just relax! nothing is worse then having to clean your house with the sun shining outside!! im hoping for the weather to brighten up by the weekend. I've got plans to be at the ballpark and I'd like to further my tan :)

I'm thinking later ill get the kids in the kitchen with me so we can bake something sweet. that always puts a smile on everyones face :) of course while doing multiple loads of laundry ;) 
hey... i am QUEEN multi-tasker!!

what do you suggest for rainy day activities?!

No comments:

Post a Comment