"you are only as happy as you make up your mind to be."

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

a daily struggle


see that picture up there?! that is me to a T. anxiety is my biggest issue. i use to have a fear of flying [so much that i turned down a trip to Hawaii with my fellow cheerleaders because i didn't want to get on a plane]. that passed as i continued to fly and get use to the idea of it. thank goodness too, because how else would i get to Vegas all those millions of times?! [ I'm not a fan of  that longgg road trip]. 

so from what i remember as a kid, i was pretty worry-free. aren't we all?! as I've grown older, i tend to worry about EVERYTHING. no really, EVERYTHING. i cant help it. i use to take anxiety medicine, but when i became pregnant with dylan i couldn't so i realized my anxiety was just in my head and i could eventually talk myself out of an "attack." i was doing pretty good for over six years, when one morning i witnessed a traumatic accident involving my really good friend. you could never prepare yourself for what i saw, i have no choice but to deal with it. i didn't want to be on medication, but i was officially diagnosed with PTSS [post-traumatic stress syndrome] and let me tell you... meds WERE in order. i am feeling a lot better these days but i still have episodes where my brain seems to wander and i always think my body is doing something wrong, which then leads me to the conclusion that I'm probably dying. i cant even watch the Dr. Oz show, because he automatically makes me think i have that disease he is talking about. I'm crazy i know. google search is the enemy. sometimes too much information isn't the best thing for me. i know that some form of anxiety is healthy, but when it consumes me, i just cant function.

now working in the medical field, I'm around every germ invented. I've never thought twice about anything I've ever been exposed to. i think my immune system is PRETTY mighty and I'm a healthy person., but you can never be too careful. one day you may have no control over what happens to you or your body. i try to tell myself, what happens happens whether i worry about it or not. i know I'm eventually going to die [we all are], but looks like today wasn't that day... thumbs up to my guardian angel!!

p.s. they don't call me AG for nothin'
**anxious girl**

3 comments:

  1. Aaron used to be on anxiety meds too! He would wake me up in the middle of the night because he needed someone to sit with him in case he died! I was like Uh, what?! I also worry very much about everything but no doc will give me a pill =/ Hope you get some ZZZzzz's tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, anxiety is a strange thing. from experience i can vouch for aaron. you really think you're dying!! im thankful its under control these days :)

    ReplyDelete