"you are only as happy as you make up your mind to be."

Sunday, June 26, 2011

boo... its sunday already.

i look forward to the weekend, every week. who doesnt?! then friday comes.. i blink and its sunday night. this past weekend was especially busy. wine tasting on saturday and then birthday parties today. i had a lot of fun, but boy am i exhausted. tomorrow morning there will be a HUGE cup of coffee with my name on it when i get to work. 

i think on sundays, im going to reflect on what im thankful for in the past week. first and foremost, im thankful my nonnie has been well taken care of at the hospital. i hope she has a quick recovery and gets to come home soon. she has so much left in her.. i cant see her give up now. she is a fighter and the strongest person i know. im also thankful for my kid. he amazes me everyday with how smart, independent and loving he is. not to mention the stud he's become. im thankful for my husband who always is my voice of reason when i get stressed about certain things. when he says, "it will be alright" i just feel better about things. he is a huge help to me and im thankful that he's my husband. lastly, im thankful for the friends i have, new and old... they are the family i have chosen. its true in any relationship... you must go through the bad to get to the good. soon enough you realize who matters the most and who never did. 

"quality over quantity"


1 comment:

  1. So glad your Nonnie is doing better!! Reflecting on what you are thankful for during the week on Sunday is a great idea! I might have to steal it! =) So glad that you and I have gone "through the bad" and are finally able to experience the "good!" Looking forward to many more great times with you! =)

    ReplyDelete