"you are only as happy as you make up your mind to be."

Monday, June 20, 2011

definition of a blog

in short:

a blog [a blend of the term web-log] is a type of website that is usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, description of events or other content such as graphics or video. Some function as a personal online diary. The ability of readers to leave comments in an interactive format is an important part of many blogs. The personal blog, an ongoing diary or commentary by an individual, is the traditional, most common blog. Personal "bloggers" usually take pride in their blog posts, even if their blog is never read. Blogs often become more than a way to just communicate; they become a way to reflect on life, or works of art.

so with this in mind i start my journey into the world of blogging. i don't know what i will get from this, but i'm hoping to have a place where i can always refer back to when i want to re-live certain moments in my life. when i lay my head down to rest at night i feel as if my body is exhausted but my mind is just getting started. lately i haven't been able to shut down and this was my motivation to start a blog. maybe there is so much in my head that i need another form of release for all my thoughts?! some people may think, what i have going on is nothing special, but to me every moment is important. i want to be able to say what i think and still be respected. the thought of anyone being able to read my thoughts is a little unsettling, but i'm willing to take that risk. the most important rule i must remember and live by while maintaining a blog is: don't say anything online that you wouldn't say in person.

please tell me the first post is always the hardest?!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment